Wednesday 22 January 2014

CAN DOGS STILL SEE US AFTER WE DIE?

So - can dogs still see us after we die? I've asked myself this question many times. My reason for asking it is that my Bearded Collie, Sam, seems to see people who have died. He has demonstrated this seeming ability more than once - the first time when he was just a puppy.

We were visiting an elderly friend who had recently lost her husband. Sam began behaving a bit oddly as Barbara prepared tea, and kept staring at an empty chair by the fireplace. But was the chair actually empty? When he went purposefully over to it, acting very much as if it had an occupant, Barbara sighed and told us that that chair had been her late husband's favorite.

Sam's behavior - the way he gave little barks, then rested his head on the seat, just as he likes to do on my knee, convinced her (as it did me) that he was seeing someone we couldn't see. Was he seeing the man who, while alive, always sat in that chair? Well, Sam answers that question himself in SAM'S STORY: It's A Dog's Life.

Can dogs still see us after we die? I firmly believe that they can, with an insight human beings sadly lack!

No comments:

Post a Comment