Wednesday 23 November 2011

AFTER DEATH EXPERIENCES


Have you had any after death experiences?  If you have, I’d love to hear from you about them!

I said the other day that I’d tell you about my grandmother’s unexpected visit, years after her death.  It happened after I’d accompanied a close friend – Yvonne - to a medium.  To my surprise, both the medium and Yvonne wanted me to stay in the room with them while Yvonne had her reading – that is to say, my friend wanted me to stay and the medium had no objection!

So I heard all that was said, including the fact that Yvonne had a guardian angel in the form of a plump white-haired woman carrying a bunch of lilies-of-the-valley.  This was supposed to be someone my friend had known well before her death – yet Yvonne could make no sense of it, despite making absolute sense of the rest of her reading.

That afternoon, Yvonne invited me round to her house so that we could discuss the morning’s events.  Her daughter answered the door to my ring and, as I crossed the threshold, said: “I really like your lily-of-the-valley perfume.  Is it new?” 

As it happened, I wasn’t wearing any perfume – but now all three of us were conscious of a strong lily-of-the-valley scent.

Well, that night I awoke to find my grandmother standing at the foot of my bed.  I was definitely awake – and she was definitely cross with me!  “That woman got it all wrong,” she said, “and you should have known that that message was meant for you, not your friend.  I’m nearby all the time.  You’re just not looking at me right!”

“I’m sorry,” I told her, remembering all too vividly how each year on 31st May (grandma’s birthday) my mother went into the garden to pick a bunch of her favorite flowers – lilies-of-the-valley!  “I’ll try harder in future.”  And I added: “I’m glad to have you as my guardian angel.”

She smiled … and melted into the night.  In her apparent absence I cried – both from gladness and sadness.  Since then there have been other after death experiences – but none more awesome than that one.             
 


No comments:

Post a Comment