Monday 23 April 2012

FAMOUS BELIEVERS IN REINCARNATION



Among the many famous believers in reincarnation, one of my favorite poets, John Masefield, said this about it:  “I hold that when a person dies his soul returns again to earth; arrayed in some new flesh-disguise another mother gives him birth. With sturdier limbs and brighter brain the old soul takes the road again.”

Here are some further views that I think will interest you:

Henry Ford: “I adopted the theory of reincarnation when I was 26...Work is futile if we cannot utilize the experience we collect in one life in the next. When I discovered reincarnation it was as if I had found a universal plan... Time was no longer limited. I was no longer a slave to the hands of the clock... Genius is experience... It is the fruit of long experience in many lives... The discovery of reincarnation put my mind at ease...”

Richard Wagner: “In contrast to reincarnation and karma, all other views seem petty and narrow.”

William Wordsworth: “Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; the soul that rises with us, our life’s Star, hath had elsewhere its setting, and cometh from afar. Not in entire forgetfulness and not in utter nakedness, but trailing clouds of glory do we come...”

Goethe: “I am certain I have been here as I am now a thousand times before, and I hope to return a thousand times.”

Voltaire: “It is not more surprising to be born twice than once; everything in nature is resurrection.”

George Elliot: “Our deeds still travel with us from afar. And what we have been makes us what we are.”

Do you have some views to share on famous believers in reincarnation? Great if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment