Tuesday 24 April 2012

MORE FAMOUS BELIEVERS IN REINCARNATION


As there’s been a great reaction to my last blog, here are the views of a few more famous believers in reincarnation for you:
Leo Tolstoy: "As we live through thousands of dreams in our present life, so is our present life only one of many thousands of such lives which we enter from the other more real life and then return after death. Our life is but one of the dreams of that more real life, and so it is endlessly, until the very last one, the very real the life of God."

Friedrich Nietzsche: "Live so that thou mayest desire to live again.  That is thy duty - for in any case thou wilt live again!"

Albert Schweitzer: "Reincarnation contains a most comforting explanation of reality by means of which Indian thought surmounts difficulties which baffle the thinkers of Europe."
Walt Whitman: "I know I am deathless. No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before. I laugh at what you call dissolution, and I know the amplitude of time."

Goethe: "As long as you are not aware of the continual law of Die and Be Again, you are merely a vague guest on a dark earth."

General Patton: "So as through a glass and darkly, the age-long strife I see, where I fought in many guises, many names, but always me."
Schopenhauer: "Were an Asiatic to ask me for a definition of Europe, I should be forced to answer him: It is that part of the world which is haunted by the incredible delusion that man was created out of nothing, and that his present birth is his first entrance into life."
Gauguin: "When the physical organism breaks up, the soul survives. It then takes on another body."
Let’s end, for today, with this famous epitaph – written when its author was just 22 years old …
Benjamin Franklin:
The Body of B. Franklin, Printer,
Like the Cover of an Old Book, contents torn out
And stripped of its Lettering and Gilding,
Lies Here
Food for worms,
But the Work shall not be lost,
For it will as he believed
Appear once more
In a New and more Elegant Edition
Revised and corrected
By the Author.

Have you seen enough for now – or would you like to hear from still more famous believers in reincarnation?

No comments:

Post a Comment